The skin of each fruit and vegetable is different. It is by its colour that we get an idea of its useful qualities. In the following lines, we will describe the useful ingredients of yellow and orange fruits and vegetables.
The group of yellow vegetables includes corn, yellow pepper, yellow pumpkin, yellow tomato and potato. They contain a large amount of carotenoids. The bright colors of fruits and vegetables are due to it. It is a fat-soluble phytonutrient that is very rich in antioxidants. Carotenoids are important nutrients that promote skin, immune and eye health. Some of the most widely known carotenoids are beta-carotene, lutein and astaxanthin. Vitamin C, potassium and bioflavonoids are also found in yellow vegetables. These support the function of the heart, digestive and immune systems.
Carrot, pumpkin and sweet potato. Delicious and very healthy.
- carrot - when consumed, it provides the necessary amount of vitamin A for the body. It also contains beta - carotene, alpha - carotene, lutein and antioxidants. Carrots improve eyesight as beta-carotene protects against macular degeneration. It slows aging, which is also due to beta - carotene. Vitamin A content helps liver function by reducing fat.
- pumpkin - it is rich in a number of nutrients, fiber, protein, vitamins and trace elements. It is important to note that pumpkin is poor in sugars, which in turn is responsible for its low calorie content.
The vitamins with the highest content are vitamin C, E and representatives of the group of vitamin B - complex.
The trace elements in the highest doses in pumpkin are potassium, copper, manganese, iron and magnesium. One of the main benefits is the niacin content. It is a natural product with proven action against high cholesterol.
- sweet potato - this recently popular vegetable is rich in fiber, vitamin A, C, E, K, manganese, phosphorus, iron and calcium. Sweet potato is a preferred choice of people suffering from diabetes because it helps in reducing blood sugar levels.
High levels of antioxidants help the body fight free radicals.
- banana - this popular fruit contains fiber, antioxidants, potassium, vitamin B6, C, magnesium, fat and protein. Bananas improve digestion and give a feeling of satiety because they are rich in both fiber and resistant starch. The potassium contained in the fruit is particularly important to heart health and normal kidney function;
- melon - its content of beta - carotene, phytoene, quercetin and caffeic acid and vitamin C contribute to its powerful antioxidant activity. It helps heart function, hydrates on hot days, takes care of our hair and skin;
- lemon - one of the most vitamin C-rich fruits. It helps fight allergies, viruses and is excellent against fatigue. One of the main properties of lemons is to regulate the pH level in the body.
- orange - an interesting fact about it is that it is the most widespread citrus in the world, and its flavor is the most favorite, after chocolate and vanilla. Orange contains a large amount of vitamin C, A, potassium, soluble fiber, carotenoids. Regular consumption of the most common citrus fruit will protect the kidneys, lower cholesterol and help fight viral diseases;
- mango - contains high levels of vitamin C, A, fiber, pectin, carotenoids and vitamin E. Regular consumption will improve vision, clear the skin (can also be applied externally), normalize blood sugar levels and bad cholesterol levels;
- apricot - contains up to 20% sugars, salicylic, malic and citric acids, potassium, calcium and iron. There are flavonoid compounds in apricot fruit. They are involved in strengthening the walls of blood vessels. They also possess antimicrobial substances. Another important part of the composition of apricot are salts of magnesium and iron, for this and the consumption of the fruit is recommended for patients with anemia and hypertensives;
It is advisable to combine the consumption of yellow and orange fruits and vegetables with another color. This way our body will get a rich range of beneficial substances.
Sources: newage.bg, gotvach.bg, tialoto.bg