According to the World Health Organization, it is recommended to consume at least 400g of fruits and vegetables every day to maintain the normal functioning of our body. In this article, we will provide a list of the healthiest fruits and vegetables. We will introduce you to the reason each of them has a different color. And how exactly by it we can know more about the beneficial properties of the product.
Red fruits and vegetables and their beneficial properties
They have the highest amount of antioxidants, vitamins and fiber. They are poor in calories and contain a small amount of natural sugar. A must-have fruit and vegetable to eat every day.
- Red tomato - high in vitamin C, potassium, vitamin A and fiber. If you prefer it juiced or baked you should know that it does not lose its beneficial properties after cooking. It is useful in memory loss, Alzheimer's disease and deterioration of heart rhythm.
- Beets - contains high levels of vitamins A1, B2, B6, vitamin C, iron, calcium, magnesium, copper fiber and natural, easily digestible sugars. Its consumption will cleanse the body of toxins, dilate blood vessels and regulate fat metabolism.
- Red apple - they contain vitamins A, B, C, E, K, iron and phosphorus. Red apples contain pectin, which helps maintain tone. Consuming them will boost your immunity, stimulate blood formation and normalize intestinal microflora.
Green fruits and vegetables
They are carriers of vitamins and minerals such as calcium, iron and magnesium, as well as chlorophyll and fiber.
- Broccoli - they are rich in antioxidants that neutralize cell damage caused by free radicals. They help to reduce inflammatory processes in the body and provide a protective function for the entire organism.
- Different types of cabbage - help maintain vitamin K balance. Isothiocyanates in cabbage important for protecting DNA cells from damage.
- Kiwi - it contains a higher amount of vitamin C than the lemon. There are more than 20 vital nutrients in kiwifruit, including vitamin K, potassium. fiber, vitamin E and folic acid. This fruit fights against skin aging, improves respiratory health and helps vision.
Purple fruits and vegetables
These products owe their bright colour to villanin. They help to heal blood vessels, prevent collagen breakdown and support heart function.
- Eggplant - rich in vitamin B1, B6, copper, manganese, vitamin K, vitamin C and antioxidants. Thanks to the ingredients it possesses, eggplant takes care of heart health, regulates blood sugar and helps brain functions.
- Blueberries - or also called "the kings of antioxidant food" . They contain fiber, vitamin C, K, manganese. Their consumption helps maintain brain function and improve memory, have anti-diabetic effects, reduce muscle pain on exertion, support heart function and regulate blood cholesterol levels.
- Plums - contain vitamin A, C and K. They help the functioning of the digestive system, are good for the eyes and vision, help the body absorb iron and strengthen the immune system.
Stay tuned for the next article "Fruits and vegetables to eat every day" with interesting facts about yellow and orange.
Sources : healthy.org , zdravosloven.com